This website is operated by Warwickshire Horseboxes Limited, who are an automotive dealer, this website is for the purchase of said items and services.
- The personal information we collect about you
- What we do with your information, and
- Who your information might be shared with
Who we are
Warwickshire Horseboxes Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, (ie we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
What information do we collect?
Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, address, phone number, email address and payment details) when you register with us or purchase products or services from us. We also collect personal information when you contact us via the website, review or feedback products and complete customer surveys or participate in competitions.
Personal information provided by third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies or your card provider when taking payment), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us improve and personalise our service to you.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad
Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- process your order;
- conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences;
- if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you—see ‘Marketing’ section below;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- customise our website and its content to your preferences;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
- carry out security vetting;
- improve our services
We would like to send you information by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call about our product, services, competitions and special offers which may be of interest to you.
Other businesses within our group may also send you similar marketing messages, depending on what you agree with us.
We will only ask whether you would like us and other businesses within our group to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you complete our online order form or interact with us in some way.
If you have consented to such receive marketing from us, you can opt out at any time. See ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
You can also manage your preferences within your account dashboard.
Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
- our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above; and
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology).
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How to contact us’ below)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
We may charge a small fee (£10) for this service.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How to contact us’ below)
- let us have enough information to identify you (eg account number, user name, registration details), and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How to contact us’ below). You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take up to 21 days for this to take place
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone)
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at Warwickshire Horseboxes Limited. Barn 1, Church Farm, Morton Bagot, Warwickshire, B80 7EJ, United Kingdom.